MED e-care shares its expertise. We provide a series of regional educational opportunities across Canada for clients and non-clients covering a variety of industry specific topics. Our educational sessions have received rave reviews. We regularly email organizations when a session is scheduled in their area or you can refer to our newsletter for the dates and locations of our next sessions.
3-Day MDS Credentialing
The 3-Day MDS Credentialing course will take every attendee through a detailed process of coding and utilizing the MDS assessment system including CAPs/RAPs, QIs, RUGs, and Outcome Measures. The cost includes all course material, exams and certificate.
Learn how to:
- Explain the benefits of MDS
- Identify the types and timing of assessments
- Identify and clarify the four parts of the RAP
- Identify the objectives of the Nursing Quality Initiatives
- Describe the relationship between the RAI process, the care plan, and quality resident care
- Understand the development and benefits of the Quality Indicators
- Understand the development of the RUG-III classification system
Advanced RUG III
The Advanced RUG III course is designed to guide you on how to manage risk, optimize funding, and identify quality of care issues & measure performance. The cost includes all course material, exams and certificate.
Learn how to:
- Compare your organization to local, national, and international benchmarks
- How to code the 106 MDS items for RUG III 44 and 34 grouper
- Resource Utilization Groups (RUG) CMI versus RUG Weighted Patient Days (RWPD) CMI
- Calculating the 34 and 44 RUG groups
- Calculating the Case Mix Index (CMI) for Complex Care using RWPD