MED e-care’s Electronic Medication Administration Record (e-MAR) offers clients an innovative and integrated solution to medication administration, with convenient availability in web-based and offline (syncable) application. This application provides staff with secure and convenient access to resident medication records, allowing for real-time recording, collection and reporting of resident data.
MED e-care e-MAR is the only Electronic Medication Administration Record that is fully integrated with more than 7 Pharmacy Dispensing Software Systems allowing for single point of entry for residents' drug information by Pharmacy. The data automatically populates e-MAR at the facility level to allow facility staff to accelerate administration times and eliminate errors.
MED e-care is the only vendor to offer an “OFFLINE” e-MAR Solution.
Advanced syncing capabilities make MED e-care e-MAR the only solution able to function in any organization without expensive network upgrades. Simple and easy-to-use, the offline application allows for data to be downloaded from Pharmacy before the MED pass ensuring up-to-the-minute resident information is always used.
Even if you are not using MED e-care as your primary EHR system, you can still enjoy the benefits of on-demand e-MAR from MED e-care as a stand-alone product that is fully integrated with your Pharmacy partner.
The primary function of e-MAR is to electronically track and record resident administration of medication and treatments. In other words, it electronically replaces paper MARs.
- The software tracks the order and delivery of medication with ease and convenience, generating any number of reports with a single click of a mouse.
- e-MAR ensures the highest level of safety and security protection for both resident and staff with security features, such as patient photo and barcode technology.
- Barcode technology provides nursing staff with instantaneous access to resident and medication information. In addition to saving staff at minimum, 5 manual clicks, barcoding provides automated reconciliation of a resident's next scheduled medications with what is physically existent in the pouch. Scanning the 2D barcode also reduces the time needed to record the drug information, and more importantly, reduce the chance of errors in transcribing this information manually into our software. Additionally, using an automated validation check of the medication given to the resident accounts for a reduction in the most common source of medication errors - during the point of administration.
- The administration of medications and treatments are recorded in real-time. PRN and vitals follow-up reminders eliminate missed or late medication.
- Staff have the ability to manage medication orders directly from the e-MAR administration screen; medications can be discontinued, reordered, or placed on hold during a MED Pass.
- Waste dosage is automatically updated for the facility and notification is sent to Pharmacy if replacement drugs are required.
- Able to add contingency meds when needed to e-MAR on an emergency and notification basis.
- One-step process of STAT order and signature to provide time saving measures and notification.
Improved Drug Accuracy and Resident Safety
Improve resident safety and drug accuracy by reducing medication administration errors. Studies have shown that medication errors can be reduced by up to 87% once a facility implements an e-MAR.
By way of a secure, closed-loop interface with Pharmacy medication orders are linked directly to Pharmacy. Inventory levels are automatically updated and medications can be ordered, discontinued or placed on hold electronically during the MED pass. With the increased efficiencies introduced by e-MAR, MED passes can be reduced by 30%.
- All relevant resident information is conveniently displayed on the e-MAR administration screen making it easier for nursing staff to verify the 5 Rights: Right Drug, Right Resident, Right Dose, Right Route, Right Time.
- Residents’ medical conditions and allergies are listed with resident MARs and TARs
- Nursing staff receive system reminders alerting them to time-sensitive medications, treatments, and follow-ups.
- e-MAR allows staff to review or add documentation during or after administration, which includes the ability to view and record bio-test results and PRNs.
- Staff are given the tools to effectively manage emergency stock medication and medical directives.
Reporting and Statistics
Get indicators of care for your facility in seconds!
With just a few clicks, generate audit reports and statistics such as medication inventory levels and nurse shift information. There is no need to sift through piles of paperwork. MED e-care e-MAR was designed with healthcare best-practices in mind. We wanted healthcare staff to have some piece of mind knowing that there is an electronic system supporting them through the sensitive task of medication administration. Eliminating errors, speeding up the time documenting and assisting in decision-making are just a few of the benefits of using MED e-care e-MAR.